Machine of the month - Tsugami SS207-5AX LaserSwiss
- Category: Laser Cutting
- Created: 2018-06-04
The Tsugami SS207-5AX LaserSwiss combines Swiss-style machining with laser cutting and laser welding on one machine with a single operating platform. Since both laser heads are fully integrated into a 20-mm 7-axis CNC lathe, operators can program and run all laser operations from the machine’s 31i-B5 Fanuc control. Using the laser is as simple as programming an end mill.
- The machine includes B-axis control and a modular tool zone.
- Its B-axis swiveling tool spindle can machine virtually any angle, and its B-axis Live Tools (three in the front and three in the rear) can create sculpted shapes. B-axis control also enables thread whirling or hobbing without dedicated attachments.
- In addition to laser cutting and laser welding, operators can use the 33 tool positions to turn, thread, tap, mill, gun drill and thread whirl.
- The LaserSwiss is available in seven different 20-mm and 32-mm models and all can be converted to chucker mode in minutes with the addition of an optional chucker kit.
- The machine also features simultaneous 5-axis machining with CAD/CAM.