Machine of the Month - Salvagnini L3-30 Fiber Laser
- Category: Fiber
- Created: 2017-10-03
The Salvagnini L3-30 fiber laser features a new air-cooled cutting head and a 6-kW resonator, serving as a complement to the company’s 2-kW, 3-kW and 4-kW product lines. The L3-30’s cutting head delivers efficient cutting of thick and thin materials and also allows for solid, clean and reliable cuts with no contaminants to obscure the lens. Quality cuts are further enabled thanks to the flexible automation made possible with Salvagnini’s TraJust software. For additional productivity enhancements, the L3-30 can be accessorized with a full range of material handling systems, such as a pick and place capability that eliminates the need for “shake and break” activities.
The operational costs of the L3-30 meet and exceed what fabricators and manufacturers have come to expect from fiber laser technology. The low running cost of the L3-30 is thanks to a highly efficient source and chiller, the elimination of the optical path as well as laser gas, lower costs for maintenance and consumables, and the ability to cut with compressed air.
- Cooling within the cutting head is made possible with air because of the addition of a Pelletier plate to the assembly, making nitrogen gas cooling unnecessary.
- A new collimator enables easy, fast adjustment for cutting materials of different thicknesses.
- TraJust software manages cutting parameters and keeps uptime at a high level by tapping into Salvagnini’s vast database of materials and thicknesses.
- Storage towers are available for the full range of customer applications, including new, compact LTW and LTWC towers that require no additional floor space.
- Material handling also includes automatic loading and automatic skeleton removal.
- To optimize overall business productivity, Salvagnini OPS software enables a seamless exchange of information with ERP software systems.